Thursday, January 20, 2011

Yosemite, CA

I was able to get the wonderful opportunity to go and visit Yosemite, CA. Not sure if this is the first time I've been here, but this is the first time I can remember visiting Yosemite. I was invited by Johns family as a "Christmas" getaway. It was a much needed break from work, school, and my busy life.
Although it was a short trip, we got to go sledding, snowboarding (John and Loren did that), go swimming (indoor pool/spa), enjoy the snow, eat at the Ahwahnee, and capture some memories and photos that I will never forget.
(Above)This is from the "look out" spot. From this view (although not captured in this shot very clearly), you can see the valley, El Capitan, Half Dome, and Bridal Veil Falls. It was breath taking.



This is when we got to go sledding. Haven't done it since I was a kid. I had so much fun! It was so cold, but I was able to keep warm!

Looking at these pictures makes me want to go back. This place was so amazingly beautiful. I've seemed to have grown angry towards how ugly California is. Then when I visit places like this, I remember why California is an alright place to live... I just need to move away from the LA traffic!


These are some of the peeps that went.
Back row (left-right) John, Nate, and Loren
Front row (left-right) Heidi, Becca, and Rachel.

They were so much fun! I had so much fun, and loved being surrounded by those that love and care for me as well!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Looks like so much fun! P.S. I am LOVING the polkadot shirt...and matching blog background.

Jessica said...

Glad you had a good time.

ps love that purple scarf hehe :)