
So, I usually don't care too much for documentaries. They usually over exaggerate what is really the truth. So normally, I would have just watched this video and thought nothing more of it.
But not King Corn.
This movie hit me pretty hard. These two young men took on a "corn farm" after discovering that what their hair can indicate what they were eating the most, and they were mostly eating corn.
It's in everything. Cows, chicken, drinks, commercial food. It is so over processed and over used that it has lost any healthy factors for it.
My favorite quote from the movie was "we could feed our cows with grass, but it's not cheap. So we are giving Americans what they want, and that is cheap food". I don't want cheap food. I want food that my body knows how to correctly process.
I wish there was a way to have an inexpensive food, that wasn't processed and was natural. After watching this video, it truly solidified that becoming a Registered Dietitian is the right path for me, considering how passionate I feel about a single subject such as corn.
Anyhoo, life is wonderful. I am happy, and almost done with school.
The end. :)
This movie hit me pretty hard. These two young men took on a "corn farm" after discovering that what their hair can indicate what they were eating the most, and they were mostly eating corn.
It's in everything. Cows, chicken, drinks, commercial food. It is so over processed and over used that it has lost any healthy factors for it.
My favorite quote from the movie was "we could feed our cows with grass, but it's not cheap. So we are giving Americans what they want, and that is cheap food". I don't want cheap food. I want food that my body knows how to correctly process.
I wish there was a way to have an inexpensive food, that wasn't processed and was natural. After watching this video, it truly solidified that becoming a Registered Dietitian is the right path for me, considering how passionate I feel about a single subject such as corn.
Anyhoo, life is wonderful. I am happy, and almost done with school.
The end. :)
1 comments:
A hala for the Heidi! Although I'm not as passionate about Hair and Corn :) It is good to read something about what is going on with you.
Post a Comment